Friday, February 25, 2011

Hashimotos with a Plan

So, I finally had my appointment with a doctor I will try before I go on medication. She is a Chiropractor that practices in Sherman Oaks California. She does things very differently than Scott. She is very nutritionally based. So, I will start there and see where this journey takes me.
My first visit was on Feb. 23, 2011.
Here is a list of things I am to do to help myself.
1. Suggest thyroid antibodies testing for my relatives.
2. Avoid the microwave. (Take it out of the kitchen and use toaster oven to reheat things.)
3. Only eat raw chocolate. No heated, factory made chocolate. I can look at whole foods for sunfood raw cacao powder. I can't boil hot chocolate.
4. Stop taking all supplements except the ones she will give me.
5. Google raw recipes to find ways to eat the food I have.
5. Measure and drink 32 oz of water first thing when I wake up.
6. Measure and drink 2 more quarts before I have any dinner.
7. Avoid soda.
8. Lay flat 9 hours a day. Preferably sleeping, but if I can't sleep then read a book. 9 pm bedtime.
9. My diet should be 80 % raw.
10. No flax oil, but I can grind up flax in a coffee grinder and sprinkle on foods if I want.
11. 20 tablets of Super E-P-A. and 3 tablets of Beso after dinner.
12. Use cell phone rarely. Texting OK, but keep it away from my thyroid.
13. Purchase home test kit for the TSH test. They have it online.

No comments: